Monday, April 16, 2007

Sod it! It begins!

I'm still waiting for my stickers to arrive from my ebay dealer. If they're not here tomorrow I'll be sending an inquisitive email!

Well the pressure of the empty album was getting to me so I went to Smiths and bought five packs at lunch time. yeah i felt a bit sad in doing it, but wifey was with me so it at least took some of the stigma away.

Unless they thought she was my carer...

Anyway here we go with the first pack:

Pack One

Tim Cahill - Most Wanted: Hmm little Timmy is the first sticker I see. At least it wasn't a United player. And at least he isn't doing that bloody shadow boxing crap.

Jermaine Jenas - Spurs: The midfielder who will always be the next big thing...

Harry Kewell - Liverpool: Yay! My first Liverpool player in my first pack! Well I use the term player in the loosest possible sense...

Chris Morgan - Sheff Utd: You may be club captain, but sorry old bean, never heard of you! I'm sure he's gutted.

James Morrison - Boro: So long as it's not the smug singing one I'm OK...

Shiny Arsenal Badge! - Excellent, these shiny badges are still as cool to get as ever!

I also got a strange Lego sticker for the middle advert. You wouldn't have got that sort of thing back in the day...


Pack Two


John Halls - Reading: A player with his own ass groove in the Madejski Stadium dug out. A defender apparently.

Danny Shittu - Watford: A quality name for a player built like a brick shittu house.

Ryan Nelsen - Blackburn Rovers: A good solid centre back with a bit of loyalty - I'm looking at you Neill... (and no I haven't stuck him in the wrong place. Note to self, don't look at national flags, when numbers are unique...)

Shiny Spurs Badge! - Oooh the London derby in two packs!

Khalid Boulahrouz - Chelsea: Does anyone know how this guy is playing in the Premier League... never mind Chelski?

Kevin Doyle (Star Player) - Reading: The boys done alright too in his Premier League debut season.

Pack Three

Blackburn Squad: The big fat cup semi final faliures are my first squad - rejoice!

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Man Utd: Far to cheeky and likable to be a United player. It's almost a shame I must hate him and his stupid baby face.

Jermaine Pennant - Liverpool: You sir, are no way near good enough to be looking that smug. Unless you repeat your stunning goal against Chelsea in a few weeks. Then you may stay like that forever.

Dejan Stefanovic - Portsmouth: Not much to say really, he has slightly odd hair...

Phillipe Senderos - Arsenal: Once his career inevitably fades towards foreign obscurity at least Phillipe will always be able to get work as an extra fro the film La Heine...

Dean Ashton - West Ham: OUCHY!

Pack Four

Shiny Reading Kits - Oooooh I like these! Reading are doing well here...

Aaron Mokoena - Blackburn Rovers: Solid enough South African defender

Steve Kabba - Sheff United: See footballing dictionary definition of jounreyman... now at Watford.

Bobby Convey - Reading: Really sounds like he should be appearing live on stage in Vegas... or Blackpool... well give it a couple of seasons eh?

Stuart Downing - Middlesbrough: Boro - according to the album - had one of the worst crossing records in the league... and Stu weighed in with 1 whole goal last term. Men of Britain get those toddlers right feet tied down, there's gold in them thar South Paws!

Charle N'Zogbia - Newcastle: I really wasn't expecting Charles to be his first name...

Pack Five

Shiny Reading Badge! - Wow Reading are storming away, shiny badge, shiny kits, star player and two normals in five packs!

Stelios Gianikopopopopolis - Bolton: Good ol' Stelios. I think now we've got a bit of Yankee cash that the annual Stelios rumours will finally be over! Shame, I kinda like him.

Paul Dickov - Man City: I really wouldn't like to play against him, all sharp pointy elbows. It'd be like playing against walking tool box.

Sylvain Distin - Most Wanted: One of city's better players, who'll probably be off in the summer. Sums it up quite nicely I think.

Herman Hreidarsson - Charlton Athletic: The Hermanaitor, I like him, a good pro with the perfect, lovely no nonsense attitude.

Heidar Helguson - Fulham: 31 appearances, 4 goals... I'm assuming Coleman ket picking him because he like saying his rhythmical name. No wonder he was sacked.

Stats

Five packs - no swaps! Brilliant start.

With 30 stickers the album is 5.75% complete.

Reading lead the way with 5 stickers (20% already!), Blackburn are second with 3 (12%)

I would post some graphs, but at the moment that's a bit pointless! Don't worry I will make up for it when my 65 packs arrive!

No comments: