Thursday, April 26, 2007

At Last!

My first bulk box of 100 packs has finally arrived!

Things can really start to get underway now.

I'm not exactly sure what the best way of tackling things is. At the moment I'm planning on opening three packs when I can.

It's taking all my will power not to rip into to all 100 packs!

I'm not sure how long the full documentation can last - all the photos etc are taking me a bit too long - but for now I can cope.

Let's crack on.

Pack Eleven

Richard Hughes – Portsmouth: It really is surprising how many Premier League players I've never really heard of... Ricky here is a Scottish midfielder who has made 16 league appearances this season. Fancy that.

(Portsmouth mirror their real life season and take an early lead!)

Aston Villa Badge: It's quite a nice badge too. Traditional yet contemporary.

Steve Finnan – Liverpool: One of the most underrated players in the league. Certainly the best right back around at the moment.

STAR PLAYER – Carlos Tevez – West Ham: I've been impressed by Carlos' attitude this season. Many stars would have thrown their platinum plated dummies out months ago. I wouldn't complain if Rafa put in a cheeky bid to reunite him with Mascherano... and it's shiny shiny.

Henrik Pedersen – Bolton Wanderers: 18 appearances, 1 goal. Striker?

Emanuel Pogatetz - Middlesbrough: Pogatetz is quite a cool name, even if it does sound a bit like an ailment. Played in nearly every game for Boro this season.

Pack Twelve

Stuart Taylor – Aston Villa: Bah! I've only got one 'keeper - and now he's a Got!

Freddie Ljungberg – Arsenal: It's nice to see Freddie with his top on. You get the feeling he's not used to having his photo taken with one on.

Gabriel Heinze – Man Utd: One injury and he went from essential to subs bench faster than boot from Fergie's foot.

MOST WANTED – Olof Mellberg: GOT, dammit!

Simon Elliot – Fulham: I half expected to hear "And remember, please don't have nightmares" after seeing that very strange head.

DeMarcus Beasley – Man City: Surely that's a totally made up name?

Stats
Two Gots, which is not too bad because I expected more by this time to be honest.

Completion moves up to a healthy 13.98%, NPP dips slightly from 5.7 to 5.62 - with GPP obviously rising to 0.38.

On the current pace I will complete the album by packet 92.96 - but obviously that ain't going to happen. There's probably a graph in that there stat somewhere, it's certainly something I'll be keeping an eye on.

No comments: